Monday, October 01, 2007

Running Update #2

Another observation: Running is A LOT easier with a partner! Kelli has run with me a few times, Elvyss ran with me last week and Dan Zollner ran with me today and for some reason, having a person running along-side of you makes the whole thing seem MUCH easier.

I haven't pushed myself much this week so far as I have only been running a mile a day mostly because at the end of last weeks running my knee was starting to fill with fluid and I didn't want to overdo it. But tomorrow and Thursday I really want to push myself. On Thursday I want to run 2 miles. Now, for a non-runner like myself on his second week, that is stretching it for me! But it has been nice during the last two weeks to see the progress. To feel it getting easier on my legs and on my lungs has been encouraging. I think I can definitely be able to run 3 miles consistently when I'm done with the four weeks and that has been my goal.

I feel better physically and it is a nice challenge. I find myself during the day now thinking about running and actually having a desire to run! Weird!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

dustin, i think you may have provided the motivation for me to try running again. it's been too long, but i remember how nice it was when my lungs finally got to the point where it wasn't a hard thing anymore. i miss it. I signed up to race for the cure the end of the month with the intention of walking...maybe i'll at least start practicing and run part of it!! Good luck with the rest of your challenge!

Aaron Stewart said...

Go Dustin!