Monday, October 08, 2007

Victory is right around the bend.

I ran 2 miles today finally! I've been meaning to take that run for the last week but just now after a rest day had the energy. It wasn't too bad.

Another observation I have had is that running outside is MUCH harder than running on the treadmill. I don't care what anyone says, running on the treadmill where the ground moves for you is not equal to actually running on a hard surface.

I have almost done all that is necessary to win Settlers of Catan which makes me pretty happy. Only 7 more runs plus a graduation run with Devin and I will own the game (by the way, you better have the game in your hands the day I win Devin! Order it now!) I know Devin is still praying for injury but it looks unlikely at this point.

A final observation that I will make today is that while the distance may increase that you are able to run, running itself does not get easier! I think Devin would concur with this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how are your knees holding up?

Dustin said...

pretty good actually Jeff. When I push myself my left knee gets a little juicy but it isn't hurting at all which is a good thing. they are feeling pretty good. they don't hurt when i run anymore so that is nice!

Aaron Stewart said...

Shame on Devin, praying for an injury! ;)

Aaron Stewart said...

Dustin I just noticed that you have a 'Wives' section for blog links. Kelli is the only one there now but is there something you need to tell the rest of us about plans for the future? :)

Dustin said...

Hahaha, you're the first to notice that Aaron! Congrats. Yes, I certainly don't have any plans on adding any to my "wives" list but the times are strange you know?