Sunday, October 07, 2007

Cubs 0-3

Ok, so the Cubs are out of the playoffs. I certainly did not think they would have been swept by the Diamondbacks but so goes baseball. The D-Backs played really well, not that they really needed to. The Cubs could never get any offense going against Arizona. I'm not real disappointed. It was actually just a nice surprise for the Cubs to even make the playoffs. Maybe next year :)

Now, the Bears are another story. Granted it's only 7-0 in favor of Green Bay but man, the Bears look awful. I wonder what they are going to do in the long term for Quarterback. They need to make a move. I would hate to see Kyle Orton back out there! I'm hoping Griese has a good showing tonight regardless. Well, off to our home group! Now that's commitment!

2 comments:

John V said...

"Maybe next year." The collective motto of Cubs' nation. At least you were able to enjoy the Bears comeback last night.

Just out of curiosity, what's it like being on Pacific time with regard to sports on television? Early NFL games being at halftime after church, MNF starting at 5:30 ... is it wierd after being on the East coast for awhile?

Dustin said...

John, that is a great question. I HATE it! Actually, by the time I get home from church, all of the early games are over! I NEVER get to see the Bears play.

In regard to sports times, i much prefer east coast time. I love watching football late into the evening and watching West Coast college basketball games at 1am! I hate watching Cubs games at 10am!

Your question has struck a chord with me. This has ruined my day.