Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Disaster Training

Last night I volunteered (or rather was wrangled in by Kelli) at the Portland Disaster Training event at the International Raceway which is a three day event that started yesterday with a staged explosion and then response training. There were actors (victims) strung out along the ground, policemen with dogs searching them out, fireman and bomb squad units all over the place. Unfortunately, I missed all of the exciting stuff. I got there in the evening and served dinner to policeman and firemen for a few hours and looked at the mangled tri-met bus on field wishing I would have seen the explosion. Anyway, interesting evening anyway. Those guys are working some long hours! Kelli had to be there at 2:30 am!

Yesterday I also ACED my Hebrew test and I am feeling more confident in the language as we approach the midterm next week. Suffixes can't freaking handle me! I can actually translate whole sentences now! Woohoo! Steep learning curve, the first six weeks were definitely the toughest but it's starting to make more sense now.

And finally and most importantly, today I will complete the Catan Running Challenge and secure my victory in the annuls of Devin's mind for eternity! Unless I get struck by a bus or kidnapped on the way to our staff meeting, I am pretty sure I will run my final mile for this challenge around 4pm!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Dustin!

Man, I hope you can make it look like you've been running this whole time!

Just pace yourself. And remember, carb up on alfredo and don't drink any water.

Karli

Betsy said...

WOOOT.

Aaron Stewart said...

I think Karli's advice is the way to go.

Anonymous said...

man i really hope you don't get kidnapped...

way to go man!

have you heard band of horses' new cd yet?