Friday, October 05, 2007

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW

That may be a strong statement for the news I have received but you have no idea how this boosts my morale!

Next semester I will NOT be taking Hebrew 2 in class at Western! I will be taking it as an online class from the Seminary connected to the college I graduated from back in Illinois! No in-class quizzes every week! No super stressful Midterm or Final exam, but simply exercises I do and send in every week as we translate the book of Deuteronomy and one Final exam which I take in the comfort of my own home! You have no idea what ease this puts my mind at.

It's not that I'm trying to bail out of Hebrew but I am not gifted at language, have plenty of language tools and truly just hate the stress of reading and translating a language in class and feeling stupid all the time. If you want someone to study something, read a ton of books and write a paper on it, I'm your guy, but if you want me to memorize 500 Hebrew words in a semester, plus hundreds of verb endings, that's where I'm at my worst! I just can't do it. So I'm excited to do Hebrew online without the public humiliation and stress that comes along with doing it in class. That means I just have to survive this semester! Phew!

3 comments:

Aaron Stewart said...

Awesome!

monts said...

i did this as well... it's a whole lot better!

i'm glad that's working out for you and transferring over... that's very nice!

Agent B said...

Right on man. Congrats.