Monday, October 22, 2007

Graduation Run

After four weeks of running 5 days a week, this past Saturday Devin and I had our graduation run which turned out to be 3.5 miles through Tryon Creek Park. Thus far I had been running on flat ground and was not prepared for the gradual inclines or the steep hills. Here is the route we ran.

Larissa and Kelli were nice enough to make us a finish line at the end and present me with the victory prize (Settlers of Catan).




By the time we were almost done I was hurting pretty bad. There was a final incline which almost did me in and I may or may not have said, "Devin, I hate you and your entire family." It's debatable. I don't remember anything.

The night was just beginning however. We had an awesome Oktoberfest community dinner at the Leonardo's and then we were off to play Settlers at Devin and Larissa's. Kelli went on to victory! Congrats!

Did I mention that it poured rain all day before our run? It was a mudfest. To quote Devin, "the run was epic."

7 comments:

Aaron Stewart said...

This post is everything I was hoping it would be. I love the fact that you guys had a finish line. Congrats on sticking with this challenge Dustin! :)

Anonymous said...

yeah, and just to clarify. here is our conversation as we neared the end of the run

dustin: "i want to kill you"

devin: "What?"

dustin: "i want to kill you and your entire family"

devin: "even my wife?"

dustin: "your ENTIRE family"


this dialogue was a fitting end to our month long settlers of catan bet. good times!

Dustin said...

it's possible but i don't remember that.

Anonymous said...

Dustin, you're an inspiration to us all... by "us" I mean all of us slackers out there sitting at home 5 days a week in front of the tube while we could be running and playing Settlers. Damn it, I'm jumping on the bike this evening!

Anonymous said...

OK, So I retract my votes on you not completing the race. Good job and knew you could do it all along.
E.

Anonymous said...

I just want to congratulate you on finishing up strong!! way to go!!

The Anonymous Human said...

now you need to upgrade to cities and knights of catan. Way better.