Thursday, January 11, 2007

SNOW DAY!

Class was cancelled today. For what? I have no idea. It's beautiful outside. Not an inch of snow on the ground, sunny, crisp. Everything you could love about a winter's day. Apparently there must have been some snow in the burbs somewhere because it is non-existent here. Hearing the news of class being cancelled sparked a bit of childish joy in my heart. There's nothing like a snow day. I think I will watch some more old Bond movies today. That's well worth my time. We watched Dr. No last night, the very first 007 movie. The storyline is a bit weak but it's a classic! So many things that Austin Powers spoofed that I never got. We also watched Pierce Brosnan's first one, "Goldeneye." Made me want to play the N64 game so bad! That may be the best video game of all time. I'm serious with that statement. How many hours did we spend playing that game during college? I would hate to know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree. it's the best video game of all time. playing that game taught me how to stay up late without falling asleep

Anonymous said...

I have many fond memories with you and Goldeneye. Temple...grenade launchers...need I say more? I yearn for one more chance, just one more, to stair you down the end of a grenade launcher when you don't even know it is coming. I would bleed for that opportunity.

Jeff

Dustin said...

Schmitty, you almost brought a tear to my eye....

a big fat tear right before I blow your freaking head off with a proximity mine.

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh, damn them proxies!!!

Keith said...

'Golden Eye' was and still is an excellent excellent game, but I submit 'Super Mario Kart' as the biggest college time waster ever...