Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Potter Madness is Almost Complete

I finished the fifth Harry Potter book. These things certainly do get long. 870 pages for this one! Once again, I started the book a little disappointed because of how dark it was but the last 200 pages were fantastic as always. She really turns it on at the end. I'm thankful that the sixth book is only 600 pages. These books are difficult to carry around with you.

I'm really excited to see how this thing ends. Obviously, after hearing the prophecy it can only end one of two ways so it seems apparent what is going to happen but the exciting part is the how.

If you have not read the Harry Potter series I more than recommend it. I require it to continue our friendship! If you cannot tell me who the house elf was that betrayed Sirius, or what a hippogriff is, or even who the Minister of Magic is, then we can no longer be friends until you acquire such information. I can see why Kelli wanted me to read these so bad. We can finally talk again. Our marriage is saved!

One more book to go, and 6 days left before school start again. Mission almost accomplished.

2 comments:

james said...

Congrats on these man. I'm hooked as well. You will be floored once you've finished book 6. Now here's to hoping that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows releases before years' end.

DJ Word said...

see what I told you. The RR is right. These books are dangerous for children.

I think pediatric orthopedic surgeons are very happy with the size of these books.