Thursday, January 18, 2007

I love you clementine


You may not know this but you are my favorite fruit clementine. When I observe your cuteness on the table in a box with several of your brothers all piled on top of each other, in my head I kind of go "ahhhh" the same way I would when looking at a baby bunny rabbit. You're so small and round and orange. But that doesn't fool me. I know what awaits inside is a delicious, sweet, sugary, juicy center with no seeds to annoy me and make the process of eating you tedious. You are ridiculously easy to peel. Just have to stick a finger in one of your ends and tear you apart. I can eat about 6 or 7 of you in one sitting although that tends to come with some consequences but well worth it in my book. I can buy a whole box of you for a few dollars and you will last me for a few weeks. But it isn't just the bargain that I love, I love ever part of you. I'm sorry I have overlooked you for your older brother the orange in the past but I won't forget you from now on, i promise. I will be faithful to your citrusy love and look nowhere else when craving a sweet late night snack. I love you clementine.

6 comments:

Agent B said...

This is kind of funny.

Anonymous said...

oh, my darlin' ...

Anonymous said...

I feel a bit dirty and I agree your kinda funny.

E.

Dan said...

Hmmm... I guess that was funny, in a way.

Anonymous said...

kinda. i guess. whatevs.

Anonymous said...

deliciously inspiring.