Wednesday, January 03, 2007

the 1 dollar explosion

Tonight this guy lost it on me. It was honestly pretty funny. He had 7.58 in late fees on his account, was renting one movie and had a 10 dollar bill in his hand. I asked how much he would like to pay on his late fees and he said, "nothing." I then told him about our policy that you have to put at least 1 dollar down to rent each time until your late fees are paid off. He said that he was not going to pay anything. Therefore I told him that I could not rent to him. He started walking towards the door, got all hostile and said, "I don't care, i'll just go to another store. I don't need to rent here." I replied, "fine, you should do that." He then said, "man, you're a bleep bleep bleep." And I kind of laughed and said, "Okay, you should find another store because you cannot rent here anymore, nor are you allowed in the store from this point on." That really made him angry! He called me about everything under the sun and I didn't really say a whole lot else but started helping the next customer in line while he continued to berate me. After his tirade, I gave him a "see ya later" and he finally left.

Can you believe that??? All over 1 lousy dollar! That's the first time I have had anyone just completely go off on me like that. I've had people angry, but not screaming so the entire store can hear it! Gave me a good laugh for the night. I'm just thankful he wasn't waiting outside for me to leave after we closed!

1 comment:

g13 said...

you have an excellent vocabulary. so go ahead an use it to berate people in labrynthine ways. that was one of the tricks that saw me through my customer service days.