Thursday, January 04, 2007

Personal Update

Got my grades for Seminary this past week. Not too shabby. Two A's, One B+ and a Pass. I'll take that any day. Can't believe school starts again next Monday. Crap. This semester I've got 9 hours. Theology 1, Advanced Hermeneutics, Learning to Love God and Others, and a Premarital Counseling Course which will certify me to do the Prepare and Enrich thingy. I really don't know anything about it but I figure that since I've already married three people and have had other people do the premarital counseling, it's probably time to learn myself. Plus the professor that teaches it is a lot of fun and my wife gets to come learn it with me for free.

I've been an old man the last three days and I love it. When I say that I mean I've gotten up a little earlier so I can sit and drink coffee, look at the news, read the One Year Bible, and blog. It's been great. I think i'm ready to retire.

Kelli and I get a night together finally and we're going to watch Idiocracy, the comedy with Luke Wilson that comes out for rental on Tuesday. Hope it's good!

I'm on the brink of quiting my job at the video store. They are hopeless. I've been working there for 4 months, they're still not taking federal income tax out, they have been taking money out of my check for insurance that I may not even be eligible for and there's no way to talk to anyone at the corporation about their mistake. I'm giving them one week and if it is not resolved I will not be returning. I've got a few things on the backburner that I hope will work out.

Right now Kelli and I are both reading Flannery O'Connors' The Violent Bear It Away and it is excellent. She's a fantastic writer. I feel like I can visualize the setting, the people, and hear how they would say every word. Takes a great writer to create something like this. Plus, it's a jacked up story about a religious fanatic who kidnaps a boy so he can baptize him and raise him as a prophet. The kind of fanatacism reminds me of the "God Hates Fags" people from Kansas. Just as crazy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently you are getting old as you forgot that you had already posted it once.

Anonymous said...

I just finished the training for prepare and enrich at my internship site and it's awesome! I usually don't like much "packaged" stuff but this one is good!

Dustin said...

that's great to hear Tina! Thanks for letting me know. I'm excited to learn it.

Anonymous said...

i must be getting old too because I'm reading the one-year bible as well.