Wednesday, January 24, 2007

All Caught Up

After a good month and a half I'm all caught up with Harry Potter. I CANNOT WAIT until book #7. I'm so glad that Kelli talked me into reading these books because the movies are mediocre compared to all that happens in the book. I wasn't thrilled with book 6, although I was surprised at the ending of Half-Blood Prince as I'm sure many were. All of the obstacles that have been set in Harry's way for one final book seems enormous!

How will he ever find the next four Horcruxes and destroy them, get even with Snape and Malfoy, and kill Voldemort all in one book??? That seems like a large task to say the least.

I'm not sure why I feel the need to rank everything but I do. So here were my favorite books in the Harry Potter series in order:

Order of the Phoenix - Book 5
Prizoner of Azkaban - Book 3
Chamber of Secrets - Book 2
Goblet of Fire - Book 4
Half-Blood Prince - Books 6
Sorcerer's Stone - Book 1

What are your favorites???

With that said, I think all of these books were phenomenal and extremely entertaining. It's going to be hard to go back to the classics after reading something so fun. I may even have to read Lord of the Rings now just for another taste of fantasy. I have only read the Hobbit and Kelli once again has been begging me to read LOTR (I have heard nerds abbreviate it to this). Plus it will give me a chance to continue reading with a British dialect in my mind. It's so much more gripping!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude you have to read lord of the rings. its so good. give it 100 pages before you judge, its kinda wierd and not that cool in the beginning.

Anonymous said...

DEFINITELY read LOTR (i'm a total nerd). They are actually pretty different from the movies and the symbolism is MUCH more powerful in the books. esp. the scene where gandalf throws down on saruman in isengard and the scene where he talks king theodon out of listening to wormtongue. now it's proven that i am a nerd...if you doubted me the first time.

Keith said...

I'll go #6, #3, #5, #4, #3 & #1...

Keith said...

I meant #2 and #1 to close out my list.

Also, I am of the belief that Snape is good. Let me know if my theory intrigues and if you'd like to sign up for my newsletter,

Dustin said...

Hey Keith,

I have thought the same thing about Snape. Kelli and I talked about it last night. We thought just by the coldness in which he did things with Dumbledore that maybe he didn't really kill him which is why he wasn't upset about it at all and could just walk away after he did it.

And that would also explain why he refused to kill Harry when Harry followed him and Malfoy and kept saying, "Potter, NO!" when Harry was trying to kill Snape as if Potter didn't understand the plan or what Snape must do.

Or he could just be a murdering bastard. Hard to say.

So, with that said, what are your thoughts???

Keith said...

Snape had the opportunity to hurt or kill Harry as they ran. I don't know if he (Harry) didn't so much get the plan (he may not know there was a plan), but I felt like Snape was trying to help teach him how to protect himself.

Snape kept blocking the spells Harry was using. He never attacked back. I think he was doing that to help Harry learn to defend himself against those spells.

But like you said he could be a murdering bastard... I can't wait to find out.

Anonymous said...

nevermind, i'm not a nerd. you guys are. j/k.

DougieB said...

How will he ever find the next four Horcruxes and destroy them, get even with Snape and Malfoy, and kill Voldemort all in one book??? That seems like a large task to say the least.

i want you to punch yourself in the stomach. Now, i'm off to the comic book store.

Dustin said...

you just don't understand Doug. I hope someday you will be enlightened to the ways of Hogwarts.