Thursday, August 24, 2006

Westbound Day Two















Wednesday we drove about 8 hours from Salina, KS to Ft. Collins, CO where we crashed with our new friends Doug and Liz. Doug and I have been talking back and forth in the blog world for the last year or so and he invited us to hang out with them for the night and crash there. They were an amazing display of hospitality. We had a great time. Had some wonderful tacos, went to Old Town for Ice Cream, and then came back to their place, drank Ft. Collins finest (New Belgium) and played euchre. After Doug finishes up in the Air Force, he is looking to go to seminary so I went ahead and registered him at Western in Portland. Hope that is okay Doug. We realized after we left that we forgot to get a picture with them so we could chronicle this visit which ticks me off but i'm sure we'll hang out again.

The picture above is outside of the New Belgium brewery which is known for their most popular ale, Fat Tire. Doug has taken the tasting tour and if I had just got a little more time there I would have totally been there. Apparently after you work their for two years they give you a bicycle to ride to work and after 10 they pay for you to go to Belgium and drink beer. That's a cool business!

Thanks for letting us crash at your place Doug and Liz, it was great getting to know you and I was also relieved to wake up alive today with a firm reassurance that you are not serial killers. You guys are awesome!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

No no, you can't actually kill the victims until the 2nd or third time you see them, that way you build up a small fortress of false security. Quite ingenious, really.

It was great to finally meet you guys! And also good to know that i'll be attending seminary in Portland soon! Thanks! Blessings on your continued travels -- and if you don't make it, i call dibs on your music collection. **Ominous Laughter**

Agent B said...

You can't go wrong with any new belgium brew. 1554 is my all time favorite.

Dustin said...

I do like Fat Tire more than the first time. The first time I tried it I wasn't all that impressed most likely because it's got so much hype to it, i expected it to change my life. But now that I've had it a little more, I really do enjoy it. It's a great ale.

I think I tried the 1554 while I was there. Is that what we drank Doug? In any case, if it was, i really liked that one too.