Thursday, August 24, 2006

Westbound Day Three















Today Kelli and I drove about 9 hours from Ft. Collins to Salt Lake City, UT. Wyoming almost put me to sleep at the wheel several times. There are some nice parts in eastern Wyoming but drastically goes downhill the longer you drive. I was happy to see an Alpaca however. Utah is beautiful countryside. Large green sweeping hills and huge rocks look over you from the border until you get to Salt Lake. Great drive from their on out.

My mom travels alot and had a bunch of Hilton Points she gave us to book a hotel here for a few nights. This is the view from our executive suite! Thanks mom! Tomorrow we're going to walk around, see the Temple and Tabernacle and anything else Mormon that catches our interest. I really like Salt Lake City, it's a beautiful city with mountains as a backdrop pretty much anywhere you look. I've been wanting to visit Salt Lake City for a long time so i'm like a little child right now, I'm so excited to get to walk around tomorrow! WOOHOO! I'll have some good Mormon pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'd go crazy if I had to drive so far that many days in a row. Hope you enjoy Salt Lake City and your break!

John V

Dustin said...

yes, driving got old after the third day. But only about 12 more hours of driving to go and we're doing it over two days. Having today off was extremely helpful.