Friday, August 11, 2006

time for a change in scenery

Since I am moving from Florida to Portland, OR it does not seem appropriate that I keep the name Hurricane Dustin. I'm not really a Hurricane anymore although before Kelli started her blog I tried as hard as I could to get her to name it Tropical Storm Kelli. She didn't like the idea. Anyway, I need to redesign this thing to be more fitting to my surroundings in Portland.

So with that, I need a new name!

Any ideas???

(it is completely appropriate to not care about this whatsoever and think i am a self-involved jerk for being self-involved to ask for suggestions for the name of my blog which you probably don't even care about. i'm really just trying to get an idea for a name. it's how I entertain myself. I apologize.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mount St. Dustin!!!
:)

g13 said...

well...i probably shouldn't suggest this, but since you confessed that you are too self involved you could use the original, long retired name of my blog: mental masturbation.

if you don't like the name, or find it inappropriate, please note that it was miah's idea.

Anonymous said...

Depressed Dustin - because the suicide and depression rate in Seattle is the highest in the U.S. I lived there for 22 years and luckily didn't suffer from either. :)

Anonymous said...

Dust'n'ashes

i don't know what that means, but it includes your name, a veiled reference to volcanic emissions, and it sounds theological.

Fishcop said...

Maybe you should make the title consistent with the blog address "dustball". I've also thought about changing my blog title, fishcop, now that I don't live in Seattle (fish capital of the world) or work in the fisheries business anymore. I now live in LA and work for a power company.. any ideas for my blog title?

Anonymous said...

overcast dustin, earthquake dustin, granola thoughts, northwest exposure, starDust's, trailblazer D., Drizzly D., Dust is Crunk zone!, Hippie delights, Bagby holding it down, Buck Hunter Killah,

Much LOve
E.

DougieB said...

jeff - New kind of christian is a good Mclaren book to start with, and i've been told that adventures in missing the point is also quite poignant, mostly about what direction the church and church-goers are going. A generous Orthodoxy i would highly reccomend as well, as it is 250 pages of his own personal belief statements that i enjoyed a lot.

Oh, and to address the original question:

"Dust-Muffin."

Do it. Doooo it.

Anonymous said...

I think you should use the name Little T or possibly The Governer or maybe even Capt. Johnson.

Anyone of those would do.

Also just for the record didn't you move to PORTLAND and NOT Seattle? I think people in Portland are really happy.

You and your wife are sweet like Bear Meat.

From: The Otts Family

Anonymous said...

I'd go for Dark, Dreary, and Dusty

Anonymous said...

How about going the Portland nickname route with "Smells like Beervana". For the record, I'm not a Wierd Al fan at all. Or a Nirvana fan, for that matter.

- John V

Keith said...

Tree Hugger Dustin?