Tuesday, August 15, 2006

P-Town

We arrived into Portland yesterday where we will spend the next few days trying to find an apartment. Today we were all over the city looking for a place and I think we've found one that is close to the Max line so Kelli can get to work and a neighborhood that we would like to live in. The managers of the place are a couple that is our age that got married a year ago, very cool people. I hope that we get it! We should, we've just got to turn in our application tonight and we should be set. I'm very excited. We LOVE Portland.

Thanks to Sarah and those in the Sumner House for letting us crash in their place for the next few days and showing us around a little. That has made things immensely easier on us.

Off to Seattle on Thursday to do a wedding. The rehearsal dinner is up in the Space Needle which wil be awesome and they've put us up in a ridiculously sweet downtown hotel. Should be a great week!

Then we fly home to start our five day drive out here!

I was tagged by Drew Moser to do this thing so I will:

1. One book that changed your life: A New Kind of Christian-Brian Mclaren (this really helped me view my faith in a whole new light and started me thinking down a different track)
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: In the Name of Jesus-Henri Nouwen and Jesus with Dirty Feet-Don Everts
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: East of Eden-John Steinbeck or The Town and the City-Jack Kerouac..
4. One book that made you laugh: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy-Douglas Adams
5. One book that made you cry: I don't cry but I felt a little salty discharge when I read Of Mice and Men and Ethan Frome.
6. One book you wish had been written: Dustin Bagby's Purpose in Life; A Step by Step Instruction Booklet - by God.
7. One book you wish had never been written: Any of the Left Behind series.
8. One book you’re currently reading: Body Piercing Saved My Life: Inside the Phenomenon of Christian Rock.
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Confessions of a Reformission Rev.-Mark Driscoll

1 comment:

Barb'ra Git Da Cornstarch said...

P-town is sweet, you guys are totally going to rock Portland out!