Thursday, August 31, 2006

Back to school, back to school.......

Today was orientation day at Western Seminary. They encouraged Kelli to come along which she was quite hesitant to do because you know how bad orientations can be. At one point in the morning she leaned over and said, "I might kill you." She is planning on paying me back by forcing me to see "Step Up" with her. I'm not sure that is an even trade.

Orientation was good however, it was nice to meet my Faculty Advisor Art Azurdia who planted and led a church in Fairmont, CA for 19 years. He seems like a great, down to earth guy whom I'm sure I will learn a ton from about practical ministry.

I was surprised at some of the people who we met at the orientation, such as a father who had been in the business world for quite some time and has three kids deciding to quit it all in San Diego and go to Seminary. That's takes quite a bit of faith. They don't even have a place to live yet! I don't know how some of these guys do it. They've got so much on their plate. But I'm sure in the next few years I will as well.

Other than that, just excited to get moved in to our apartment tomorrow, get settled and get ready to be a student again. I hope I enjoy it!

1 comment:

g13 said...

step up is WAY too high a price to pay. you guys should meet in the middle by seeing something with a little romance, a lot of comedy and a brief flash of interspecies erotica. just off the top of my head, i'd suggest clerks II.