Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm in Seattle...

right now at an awesome hotel called The Max. It's a cool little boutique hotel downtown. I'm doing a wedding here tomorrow and we had the rehearsal dinner tonight and then Kelli and I just chilled out at the hotel bar. I had a few great beers. Pyramid Heifeweisen and Eye of the Hawk (i thought about you when I drank it Jon Irvine). Looking forward to tomorrow, it will be a lot of fun. Meeting with the couple tomorrow morning for coffee to talk over some last minute things. Then Saturday we are going to San Juan Island with Kelli's Aunt and Uncle to hang out for the day. Then we're flying home and then start our long drive to Portland on Tuesday. It's hard to believe that we've been without a home for almost a month now. But I couldn't be happier. I guess we're doing it in the spirit of the West. We have found a place to live in Portland but can't move into it until Sept. 2nd so we are thinking of making it a longer drive out and enjoying our time on the road. We're thinking of heading down to Lake Tahoe after Salt Lake City where her aunt and uncle have a condo and then driving through Northern California (mostly to see the enormous redwoods).

By the way Doug B, I got your email and will get back to you very soon. My computer has been sucking and we have no internet access on it right now except on these hotel computers which I don't have your email since I use Outlook. That was a really long explanation but we are looking forward to hanging out. I will be in touch soon.

3 comments:

DougieB said...

Dustball -

well, you are more than welcome to pause in Northern Colorado for as long as you like, we have a vacant guestroom with a very cushy bed! (Also, there is wonderful beer, coffee and hiking to be had every day of the week) Feel free to let me know as you figure it out!

DougieB said...

(oh, and for the record - dougblocksma(at)gmail.com is where you can find me)

Fishcop said...

Dustin. Take a glare at the Space Needle for me. I miss the Emerald City!