Tuesday, December 23, 2008

List December #20

Top Ten Candies at a Junior High Basketball Game:

10. Butterfinger

The only thing I didn't like about this candy bar is that you had compacted bits of candy impacted in your teeth for a few days.


9. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

An old standby...


8. Sprees (chewy or regular)

I think hard Sprees are the reason half of my teeth are chipped. Well-worth it in my book.



7. Twix

Ohhhh Yeeaahh.




6. Rolos

I could see this pick getting made fun of. Not sure why but that's the feeling I get.



5. Sour Gummi Worms

These things were like crack.





4. Airheads

The texture of hardened wax. But so good.







3. Tangy Taffy - Cherry
I remember when they started putting sprinkles on the tangy taffy which is when I walked away.


2. Shock Tarts
One of my favorites of all time. Sour, chewy, wonderful.


1. Snickers
How can you ever, ever go wrong with a Snickers. I have never met one person who didn't like Snickers and I don't want to.

8 comments:

devin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
devin said...

where is the licorice rope! that was my old standby. except sometimes they were really soft and sometimes they were really hard.

Devin and Larissa Vaughn said...

nice. i totally left the tangy taffy when i noticed the addition of sprinkles too! they had gone too far.

Mandy said...

I will NEVER make fun of you for loving Rolos. Those are amazing!

And I was definitely hoping you'd have that Tangy Taffy on there...that or the regular Laffy Taffy.

You know what you're missing though, right? (Though maybe this is more like at a pony league baseball game instead...) Fun-Dip, my friend. Flavored, colored, sugar powder that you can eat with a candy stick. Unbeatable.

Dustin said...

Fun Dip! Good call Mandy. I completely forgot about that! Genious!

Mary said...

Pop Rocks....were those still around when you were a kid? I was terrified to mix pop rocks with soda as that was the cause of Mikey's death. (Mikey from whatever cereal commerical...)

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Snickers would be my #1 choice as well!!

What about a real carmel apple? Those were always a treat too!

-Josh

Anonymous said...

no now and laters? they were great for the now.. and for the later! it covers two of the three dimensions of time!