Saturday, November 25, 2006

from the coast...















My Mom visited us for Thanksgiving. Here we are at the coast at Seaside.















Another pic from Seaside.















We went to the Aquarium in Seaside. We love aquariums large or small and this tiny little one held some nice surprises like this octopus that is just in an open tank of water that allows you to get as close as you dare! We also fed the seals whom all had their own unique way of getting our attention so we would pick them to feed. Very entertaining.




















After Seaside, we drove up to one of my personal favorite towns on the coast, Astoria. This is the Astoria Column which has 164 steps inside you can climb to the top which Kelli and I did but immediately regretted. Tougher than I thought, but then again I'm probably more out of shape than I care to admit. This hill that it's on has an amazing overlook of the coast and the town.


































Kelli and I at the top of Astoria Column.















One of my favorite pictures from today. We were in the mountains and stopped where there was some snow and snapped this cool shot.















Finally, here is the house from Goonies in Astoria! Yup, that's the real deal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you know the house from Goonies. I was starting to think maybe i was the only one who had seen that movie! Glad to see your mom visit you two. Merry Christmas Bethany