Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Just for the record...

I have received a postcard inviting me to a first service of all three of these churches in the last four months. Cyprus Pointe; North Pointe; Life Point.

They are all within about 2 miles of each other. They might have wanted to coordinate the name and location thing before starting out. Ouch! The church has really gotten into the whole "point" thing, especially the "pointe" thing. Isn't that a typo ? Microsoft Word tells me it's a typo. What does "pointe" mean rather than "point". I'm confused but am slow at many things.

Just curious if anyone had the answer.

Actually nevermind, i just looked it up in the dictionary.

Pointe:
"French pointe (du pied), literally, tiptoe
: a ballet position in which the body is balanced on the extreme tip of the toe"

Ok, now I'm actually more confused why churches are picking a French word for a ballet position to describe their church.

No comments: