Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Strange Appetite
















On Fear Factor you've all seen people eat disgusting things of which I could never bear to put in my mouth. Just couldn't do it. Why do people do it? Because at the end of each show there's a fat check for 50,000 dollars with the winners name on it. That I can understand in some ways. 50g's could really help you out. But what happens when someone you knows eats something disgusting just because they feel like it?

I say all of this because I remember a specific time when myself and a few guys from LCC were camping. I really don't remember where or the circumstances or very much about that night. What I do remember is that as we we sitting around the campfire one of us which I will leave unnamed until he chooses to reveal himself caught a frog. Next, he killed the frog and finally stuck him on a stick and began to cook him. I thought he was just being a little demented but little did I know that he was hungry. After the frog was medium-well this individual took out his knife and cut off the frogs' legs and started chewing on them and sucking the meat off of them. Was there 50,000 dollars involved? Absolutely not. Were we in the middle of nowhere for days with no food on the verge of starving? Nope. We had only been there for a few hours and had plenty of food. Why would this human choose to cook a frog and eat it's legs? I will leave that up to you to decide.

4 comments:

Nick said...

It was me. Stop guessing. The funny thing I had also caught a snake that same trip, but I passed on that one.

Dustin said...

wow, that was quick. i just posted that. you sure ruined that game!

Anonymous said...

I didn't have to guess. Only one person came to mind.

Tyler said...

try em sometime...they pretty much taste like chicken.

nick -- wtf.