Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Da Vinci Hedge Frappucino Needle Cash

I never really talked about what I thought of the Da Vinci Code. I guess in summary I can say that the book was much better and much more entertaining. I just don't think this was a good "turn into a movie" book. Tom Hanks performance was flat and didn't fit the part. The movie was slow moving and boring most of the time. A real disappointment from my end.

Things didn't start out well as the trailer for World Trade Center began. I don't care who disagrees with me on this so save your fingers from typing, this movie is TOTALLY unecessary and ridiculous. I'm angered by seeing this garbage and I can only imagine how angry my friends in Lower Manhattan are who had 3,000 people burn up in their backyard as one of my friends said. It absolutely disgusts me to see this exploitation of a tragedy. Flight 90 whatever it was is one thing, but this is crossing the line. So right away I was in a bad mood and wanted to punch Oliver's face in.

The best part of the night came later when Kelli and I did something that we haven't done for years. We snuck into a second movie! What a rush!

This movie was very very very good as compared to the Da Vinci Suck.




















Over the Hedge was awesome! It was smart, it was funny, and the characters were great. Steve Carell's character was hilarious. This movie was a very funny commentary on suburban life. I highly recommend seeing it.












In other summer news, I found a drink I think I like better than a Frappucino as hard as it is to say that. The Frap and I have had an amazing relationship over the last four years and I am thankful for all the work I was able to get done by drinking one of these little guys. But I had a coffee drink today that was incredible! It was from The Coffee Beaneryand it is called a Caramel Crunch. Ok, so it is a copy of the Frappucino but it tasted wonderful, plus the girl made it very well. One of the problems with the frappucino is that sometimes they put too much ice in it before they blend and then you spend the whole time crunching on ice instead of drinking it like a liquid. If there is a Coffee Beanery around you I highly recommend picking up one of these jewels!




















In more news, Kelli and I will be going to Seattle once again in August because I am doing a wedding for a friend of one of Kelli's relatives, all expenses paid. The rehearsal dinner is in the restaurant at the top of the Space Needle! Plus he works for Samuel Adams and he said there will be and endless supply of Sam Adams Summer Ale there! Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Praise Him all creatures here below. Kind of got carried away there.

In even more news, Kelli got a temp job that will start next Wednesday. She has to be there by 8 and it's a little further away but it's hard to complain when your main salary has been out of work for two weeks and you have no way to pay bills! Thank God for that too! It has been unbelievable how God is providing right now. We have sold some books on Amazon, my friend Kelsey has gotten me two new jobs for Thomas Nelson Publishers, my friend Jon got me that acting thing at Channel 8, a few people have sent money! Thank you by the way for doing that! Our friends are awesome! I wish we could all live in one city. Anyway, just wanted to share the good news.

No comments: