Monday, May 15, 2006

Gall

About two weeks ago I received a package from Amazon which I was a little surprised at since I had not ordered anything of late due to absolutely no money. But I opened it up and it was this book, Gall; Five Years of Unfettered Christian Exploration Somewhere Between Youth Group and the Rest of Life. Apparently it was sent to me by the author Pete Gall who had seen it on my wishlist. That has never happened before so I was very pleased!

I read it over the past few weeks and can't tell you how much I appreciate Pete's honesty as he tells his story as he attempts "tremendous things for the Lord" as he says. This book is not for those who have nothing better to do in the church than police it for innappropriate language and such. I assure you that there is plenty of that! There are things in this book that I would never say aloud but have certainly thought more than once. I wish I were as honest and transparent as Pete is in this book. I wouldn't want him to say it any other way. There are parts of this book that are very powerful and has awakened me to the call of Jesus to be alive and active in this world and not hide behind classroom doors and think that is where discipleship takes place.

So as thanks to Pete for sending this book and because it was quality, for the next three days I am going to have a few thoughts from Gall that smacked me upside the head and made me see things I hadn't really seen before. You should check this out.

No comments: