Monday, June 30, 2008

SE Potluck

Last night, despite the ridiculous heat, we had a SE Potluck for some people in the homegroup and pretty much anyone else who wanted to come.

Five great things about last night:

1. A pre-potluck game of Sequence with Rob and Katrina.

2. An intense game of whiffle ball (I struck out once on Rob's curve-ball, but to keep things in perspective, Clay struck out on Victoria's change-up twice!)

3. A post-potluck game of Bohnanza with Chad, Andy, Emily, Rob, Katrina, Kelli and myself. If you haven't checked this game out, make sure you do! And if you need serious tutoring at the game, I recommend you ask Rob, as he takes it very seriously. He's a strategist till the end. Unfortunately his end last night came in defeat.

4. Delicious food and drinks.

5. Truly enjoyable people to spend time with. I honestly couldn't be more happy with the people who are connecting at Evergreen Hawthorne.

Last night was one of those times when I was tired and didn't initially feel like being there which happens from time to time, but as it always turns out, I am glad I was there. I've been learning that this is a practice of community, being present even when you don't feel like it. I haven't been disappointed yet!

No comments: