Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fleet Foxes


For once Pitchfork and I agree on something! This is a really interesting record. If you're bored with music, you should give this a listen! I'm loving it. I hear some influences by MMJ (the good years) and The Shins here and there. Great stuff.

Surprisingly enough Pitchfork and I agreed on a second thing this week. The new My Morning Jacket album is horrible. Whatever direction they are headed, I got off the freeway about 73 miles back. It only takes one listen to "Highly Suspicious" to realize whatever My Morning Jacket had is gone. Come on, seriously, give it a listen. What the #($* was that? Rest in peace MMJ.

4 comments:

Aaron Stewart said...

Dude I bet you're wishing you had come with us to see them aren't you? :) They are even better live. But good news, they will be at the Doug Fir next month for just $9! Want to go?

Dustin said...

oh man, that is who you went to see! man, i totally forgot about that.

actually. yeah I do want to go!

Aaron Stewart said...

Sweet. :)

http://www.dougfirlounge.com/calendar.html

Friday July 25
Doors 9pm, Show 9:30pm
$9 advance, $10 day of show

Anonymous said...

how sad about mmj...i was hoping this would be an album to look forward to. bummer.