Monday, March 28, 2005

Kweller/Walkmen


Posted by Hello Like i said earlier, i went to see Ben Kweller and The Walkmen at Irving Plaza tonight. Ben Kweller was great. There were some haters in the crowd but i guess that is with anyone that is playing. I've seen him a few times before so it wasn't anything new but one thing that was cool was that he brought Evan Dando formerly from The Lemonheads out and they did a Creedance Clearwater Revival song. That was really cool because their voices are completely the opposite. It worked out well. By the way if you haven't heard Ben Kweller, just do yourself a favor right now, seriously, stop reading and go buy his CD Sha Sha or On My Way. I'm not kidding read the rest when you get back. Come on, stop it. Go, Now!

Ok, you're back. Well, and then the Walkmen came out and i have to say it was probably the worst sounding crap i've ever heard. It was horrible. I have no idea how they got popular. His voice is awful. There were quite a few people leave after Ben Kweller played and I wish we would have joined them, however we stayed for three songs which was more than enough for all of us.

After the show I was leaving and my friend Brad yelled out from across the street, "hey dustin, by the way, good luck beating that rape charge." Needless to say there were some funny looks from the people around me. Good one Brad but you will pay dearly. Hahahahaha (mad scientist laughter)

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Dustin, I always love the tunes. I wish I had the means to buy these band's albums. Great stuff! You are broadening my music horizons.

Anonymous said...

dude, remember when me you and shawn hunt saw kweller a few years ago...? that was a great week.

Nick said...

I miss the mad scientist laugh

Dustin said...

thanks for the note grumpy old man. i've heard about your blog through a friend of mine, James. I hope you are doing well. Thanks again, i'm glad you are enjoying the music!