Monday, March 21, 2005

A Few Good Releases


Posted by Hello Tomorrow The Decemberists new album Picaresque comes out which i'm pretty excited about. Maybe I'll go to Virgin Records at midnight and pick it up. I guess that would be pretty dorky though huh? I'm excited to hear it, it got a ***1/2 in Rolling Stone. Not bad, but i guess Rolling Stone isn't as credible as it used to be. It's more of a political magazine than a music magazine.

In other news Yo La Tengo's new cd Prisoners of Love comes out tomorrow too so i will be excited to give that a listen.

Next week is a crazy release Tuesday. Here's what's coming out:
-Beck - Guero
-Glen Phillips - Winter Pay for Summer
-Mae - Everglow
-The Bravery - Bravery
-Damien Jurado - On My Way to Absence
-Okkervil River - Black Sheep Boy
-Album Leaf - Seal Beach EP

I'm excited to hear all of that. I'm not a huge Beck fan to be honest, loved his last CD because it was really sad but not really into his normal stuff.

On a side note, i've been listening to Jimmy Eat World Futures again and it is one freakin awesome cd. Wow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

check out Noradevine too, my best friend's band.

Anonymous said...

Jimmy Eat World...Rocks

Camilo