Thursday, March 10, 2005

Sugarcult - Irving Plaza


Posted by Hello Saw the Take Action Tour tonight with Sugarcult and Anberlin. It was a good show. Thankfully my friend Brian (formerly with a band the Fizzy Bangers) used to play with Marco from Sugarcult so we always get to get in free and hang out back stage. Anberlin started out a bit shaky but ended strong. I think it was more sound problems than their fault. Hawthorne Heights played after Anberlin and I thought it was awful. Those guys suck so bad. I have no idea how these crappy bands make it. Horrible.

I love seeing Marco play because you can tell that even after all these years he still loves it. The way he talks before the show you know he's excited to be there. You can tell they really love playing. There's nothing worse than seeing a band get up and they seem like they're pissed to having to be playing that night.
They love partying too apparently, last time Brian and I ended up carrying Tim (lead singer) to the tour bus because he couldn't walk after the show. That was when they played with MXPX and Sucky I mean Simple Plan. Ok, off to Florida.

1 comment:

Michael said...

One of my best friends is a musician and he's in a band too. He's taken me behind the stage so many times I'm almost spoiled for the ordinary. The idea and practice of going to a concert to JUST listen to the band seem foreign and a bit lame to me now.

Backstage is where it's all at.