Sunday, March 06, 2005

Clem Snide Live @ Bowery Ballroom


Posted by Hello Last night Kelli and I saw Clem Snide at my favorite venue in New York. The two opening acts kind of tired us out. Archer Prewitt and the dude from Apples In Stereo. I was soooo bored. The worst part was they each played for about an hour! Usually opening acts play about 5 or 6 songs but that didn't work out for us.

Clem Snide on the other hand was awesome. They came out in white tuxedos with their "animal spirits" embroidered on the back. They sounded great live and played some interesting instruments. The coolest was the banjo that the guitarist played with a violin "thing" what are those things called? Anyway, he had some cool effects on his banjo that as he strummed it sounded like an incredible electric guitar.

On thing the lead singer Eef said during the show was that Jane reviewed their new CD End of Love and said at the end that they were Christians. I can understand because there are a lot of religious symbols and language in their music. Then he went on to say, "but would Christians play a song like this?" The song they were talking about is a good song, the chorus goes, "now that I'm found, I miss being lost." At the end he says, "Now that I'm saved I wish I were damned." It's an interesting song, you should give it a listen. The song is called, "Jews for Jesus Blues."

The only disappointment was that they didn't play for all that long. They seemed pretty tired. I didn't get to hear "African Queen", "All Green", or "I Love The Unknown." That was kind of a downer but what we did hear was great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the violin "thing" is a bow

Dustin said...

YES, A BOW! Why couldn't I think of that? I was totally drawing a blank.