Saturday, April 02, 2005

The Album Leaf Live


Posted by Hello Last night my friend Jeff and I headed over to Brooklyn to catch the Album Leaf play. North Six is a great venue to see a show and surprisingly is closer to me than Bowery Ballroom. I think i'll see more shows there. Anyway, the opening band was supposed to start at 9pm but did not start until late, set up was very slow and after all was said and done the Album Leaf didn't go on until 12:15am. So I was kind of tired of standing around at this point.

The Album Leaf setting up was entertainment as well. They had more electronic equipment than I have ever seen before. They started out playing the first four songs right off of In A Safe Place, which i loved. They also had a huge backdrop with an image show that corresponded directly to the music which was cool as well. I really enjoy their music and the complexity of the sounds they use but near the end I have to admit that it got a bit monotonous. I was tired of standing and tired of loops and apparently so were many other people because only a few stuck around for the encore. Overall however I enjoyed the music and would give the show a B-. Nothing spectacular but entertaining and worth my 10 dollars.

No comments: