Monday, April 04, 2005

Learn to walk tourist

Last night I was walking home from Union Square when these two girls who were walking beside me decided to start veering to the left instead of walking in a straight line which usually is not good in a crowd of people. Incidentily she walked into me, which happens, and i just kept walking and got ahead of them and then I hear her say, "excuse you" in a real snotty voice. I think most people say something like that thinking no one will call them on it so I decided to shake things up a little. I turned around and looked at her right in the face and said, "excuse me, what did you just say?" and just waited. At this point you could see the fear in her face that someone actually held her accountable for what she said and i continued, "because what I thought just happened is that you walked directly into me, would that be right?" They still didn't say anything but you could tell they were just trying to get out of there. I've never seen a face as red as hers. It was funny. I know, some people will probably comment something like, "well that wasn't very nice Dustin, you should be more compassionate." And for all those people I guess i would just say, "shut up, it was funny" so go ahead and save your comments.

Another thing I was thinking is that The Bravery and The Killers could not sound more alike. Who is copying who here? I'm confused.

Started reading The Pilgrims Progress last night for fun. I tried before once and thought it was difficult to read but tried again giving some effort into appreciating it for what it is and the time in which it was written and it is actually a very cool book. I'm enjoying it a lot and getting some stuff out of it.

The only other thing on my mind is the Illinois/UNC game tonight. Wow, could there be a better match up? Clearly the two best teams in the country. They match up so well with each other. Should be an incredible game although i would love to see Illinois dominate UNC just to shut Dick Vitale up about the ACC being the best conference in the history of the universe. The Big Ten had 2 teams in the final four. ACC? 1. The Big Ten had 3 teams in the Elite Eight. ACC? 1. Shut up Dicky V. Man, i'm angry today!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Killers & The Bravery. Don't know who copied who, but they both sound so much like DepecheMode, The Smiths it's scary. I guess the whole New Wave/Rock Dance thing is the new "it" like the Strokes/Hives garage thing was the "it" thing a few years ago.

Camilo

Anonymous said...

I think its great that you called those women out. One time after reading "Wild at Heart", I did something similar to a guy at an IHop near my house. At the time it happened I was really looking for a way to assert my masculinity. Too bad it was Mothers day and my wife and kids were waiting in the car. I would have fought him otherwise.

Dustin said...

yeah, when I saw the Killers on tv the other night there is no question that the lead singer was trying to be Morrissey. from the way he held his microphone to the way he was singing, he was trying to be an exact copy. pretty lame.

Dustin said...

sounds like a funny story Adam, i think i remember you telling me that story for some reason. this sounds weird but i would like to get in a fight to see how i fare. i've only been in one actual fight and i lost but i think i would be a lot better now. wanna fight?

Michael said...

I tried to read Pilgrims Progress once too. But I didn't make it. If I were a character in the book, I would be called "Illiterate."

http://seeasilverlining.blogspot.com/2004/07/i-love-this-different-perspective.html

Mandy said...

that is the funniest thing. although i could be caught saying "excuse you" to many people on some days, but i could also be the person turning around like you did. I hate it when people walk right into you...especially when they have strollers in busy places. SO annoying.

Anonymous said...

I called a guy out one time last year as well as USF. He was talking to me but I didn't know he was talking to me because most days i don't go by "Hey". Because I didn't respond to his personal address, he started making assumptions about the type of person i was, assuming that I ignored him b/c of the color of his skin. So I stopped, turned around, and said, "Excuse me, what did you just say to me?" He shut up SO QUICK, it was awesome!

kelli