Tuesday, February 26, 2008

San Diego - Day #1

Yesterday was a strange series of bizarre events on our way to San Diego. First the name on my plane ticket was Dustin Digby (which of course the guys thought was hilarious). Unfortunately the airline people cannot change it for some unknown reason so I slipped through the gate and we made our standby flight which was great news as we arrived in San Diego at 12:30.

Strange event number 2: We got to the Town and Country Convention Center to check into our hotel room and the guy at the desk tells Bob, "it shows your reservation has been cancelled". Huh? Then he says, "Is there someone in your group named Dustin?" "Yes" Bob replies. "Well, it shows he cancelled the reservation."

WHAT????

I didn't even know where we were staying in San Diego or where the conference was, and I certainly did not call and cancel the reservation!

Apparently someone is trying to sabotage our trip. Very strange stuff.

Anyway, we had a good day yesterday looking like tourists trying to get the train downtown. But despite the strange occurrences yesterday, it's 70 and sunny, how rough can it be?

Today: Erwin McManus for the main session, Scot Mcknight and Phyllis Tickle for the workshop! It's going to be a good day! Tomorrow morning, bible study with Gordon Fee.

Glad to be in San Diego! I also want to take this moment to apologize to Chip and Chris, for as a result of my cold I think I snored and made some strange noises throughout the night (Chris had to go down at 4am to get ear plugs). Sorry guys!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I canceled your reservation. And I am not done. Just watch your back. That is all I will say.

Dustin said...

I KNEW IT!

Anonymous said...

Its cool Digby, I slept like a baby after those earplugs were in. Really, Digby, its cool Digby.

Tyler said...

ohhh you're THAT guy! The snorer. Ruining conferences since 1951!

Kelli Bagby said...

welcome to my world Chris and Chip. (what about Bob? are you not apologizing to him too? or could he not hear you over his own snoring?!) earplugs, huh? what a wuss!