Friday, February 22, 2008

Favorite Breakfast Cereals of All Time

I think we're all due for another random list. These are a list of my favorite childhood cereals (althought I would still eat any of these today and probably enjoy them just as much). In any case, I think cereal creators are very creative people and it's amazing to see all of the cereals that have been created over the years (Mr. T Cereal, Ghostbusters Cereal, Nerds Cereal (Chris?)

What were your favorite cereals growing up?

Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries

This cereal is worthless without the crunch berries. But this was a staple of my childhood. Haven't eaten this in years. Not a great cereal when you really get down to it, but it was important as a child.







Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Still one of my favorite cereals, just so darned expensive. I could eat this everyday.









Trix

They're for kids?









Frosted Flakes

Another staple to my childhood diet. I've probably eaten more of this cereal than any other in my life.








Boo-Berry

mmmmmm.










Lucky Charms

Another perfect cereal creation. More of an afternoon snack cereal, but fantastic nonetheless.









Cocoa Pebbles

For that matter, I would take Fruity Pebbles as well.

8 comments:

Aaron Stewart said...

I still like to eat Golden Grahams like they're going out of style.

And I loved Capitan Crunch even though eating too much of it made your mouth feel like it was getting shredded to pieces.

Anonymous said...

Fruit Loops! And my kids eat it today......(me too!) http://joeydavis.typepad.com

Sarah said...

I'm glad to see Frosted Flakes made the list, but...did you snub Golden Grahams on purpose???

Kelli Bagby said...

what about Honey Nut Cheerios? We still eat those regularly. Out of all the sugary cereals, Cinnamon Toast Crunch is where it's at!

Anonymous said...

Curious...is there a reason why you do not respond to others comments. Not being crud, simply curious. http://joeydavis.typepad.com

Dustin said...

Hey Joey,

No problem, I usually respond depending on the subject. Generally if it is just a statement or something I may not, but when someone asks a question I definitely make more of an effort. But I do agree, Fruit Loops are great!

The Anonymous Human said...

Doesn't it seem like when you were a kid they put a lot more prizes in the cereal boxes? I remember fighting with my brother and sister over the prize in the box and now that I'm grown up, I still eat the same cereal, but now there's no glow in the dark spoon or color changing cap'n. I WANT MY PRIZES DANGIT!!!!!!

Tyler said...

Honey Comb