Wednesday, February 07, 2007

One Year Closer to 30

I never actually thought I would be thirty. Of course, i'm not yet but I'm only three years away!!! I especially never thought I would be this old and be going to school and working at a video store.

God certainly does work in bizarro ways.

I also never thought I would be living in Portland, OR. Or married to Kelli Lashbrook. Or enjoy drinking coffee. Or be able to read 70 books in one year. Or have been able to travel so much. Or have been published in a book (although a mediocre one) but still! Or be living in a basement. Or have done stand-up comedy. Or have such great friends from all over the country.

Since a birthday must involve some reflection, as I look back I cannot believe all that has happened in the last few years and all that God has done. There are only two words that come to mind as I think of all of this: blessed and thankful.

3 comments:

bill said...

you are also one year closer to death. well...happy birthday man.

Dustin said...

hahaha, thanks man!

Agent B said...

happy birthday bro.