Monday, April 03, 2006

Recommended music for this week




















Centro-Matic - Fort Recovery

This could already be one of my favorite albums of the year. I've been listening to it more and more. I think the first four songs are amazing! And for some reason the song, "I See Through You" makes me want to cry. I don't know what it is, it's a beautiful song. I was lucky enough to see these guys with Jon at New World Brewery a few weeks ago. I wish I would have been a little more familiar with their music first however. Definitely check this album out.















Great Lake Swimmers - Bodies and Minds
These guys opened up for Centro-Matic at New World Brewery. I'm enjoying their mellow sound as well. I've got a song on my music player on here, check it out.




















Band of Horses - Everything All the Time
Haven't heard a lot from Band of Horses yet but I have a song you may enjoy on my music player. Sure they sound exactly like My Morning Jacket but luckily for them i love MMJ.





















Magnolia Electric Co. - What Comes After the Blues
This album is a little old but phenomenal. I love their sound! And please, no Neil Young comparisons. Check this out on my player as well.

One final note. Holy crap, Florida mangled UCLA tonight. I thought UCLA's defense was better than that. I guess I had no idea how good Florida really was this year.

1 comment:

DJ Word said...

not Young, but Young with Crazy Horse channeled by Drive By Truckers