Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hilarious!


Today when I was speaking at Journey I was of course talking about Palm Sunday and questioning who the crowd thought Jesus was, comparing that to what Savior people follow today. I was talking about different Jesus' that we have worshipped througout history and was talking about the Revolutionary Jesus, the "ticket to heaven" Jesus, etc. Well at the same time images of these different Jesus' were coming up on the screen. Just as a joke I decided when I talked about the Prosperity Jesus to put up a picture of Joel Osteen and then just said, "oh, i'm sorry i get the two confused sometimes." It was all in good humor and some people laughed, others didn't know who he was. No big deal for our group. In any case, after the message a woman named Barb came up to me and handed me two photographs. They were pictures of her and her husband with Joel Osteen in Houston! Oh man! I was dying laughing and she smacked me with her water bottle and said, "he's not all bad". We had a good laugh about it. But what are the chances of making a joke like that and having someone pull out a picture of themselves with Joel Osteen! Awesome!

Last night at about 3:30 am someone decided to pull the fire alarm to be funny in our apartment complex. Our alarm started blaring, i thought it was in our apartment so I was trying to figure out a way to shut it off. We are also puppy sitting Tito, the little toy poodle again. Well, while I was running around trying to shut it off, he kept stepping right in front of my feet in the dark and I was punting his scrawny butt all over the room. I apologized to him today. So we went outside to wait for the fire department to shut the alarm off (took about 25 minutes for them to get here and they're about 1/2 mile away!), and it rained for the first time in 39 days! What a coincidence! Tough to get to sleep after that but we eventually did at around 5. Got to meet some neighbors though!

1 comment:

Michael said...

Forgive me for laughing.