Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Dictator W

"I hear the voices, and I read the front page and I know the speculation," the president said. "But I'm the decider, and I decide what's best." George Bush at a recent press conference to discuss Donald Rumsfeld

So basically he hears what the people have to say but then completely disregards them in the name of "what he thinks is best." Well sorry George but what you have thought best hasn't seemed to work out very well so far, maybe you should start listening to the people once in a while.

How is that representing the people? Just reminds me that there is no such thing as democracy. It's just an illusion the government tries to create to pacify us. The American people have no voice in any of the decisions this country makes. Protestors are worthless, people in suits and ties don't make decisions on account of them. So how do the people get heard in a dictatorship? Because that seems to be what Bush is and has always implied. "I hear what people are saying, but I go ahead and do what I want to do regardless." Nice work Bush. You really make us proud. Ok, i feel better. I honestly can't believe there are still people that support this incompotent government. Ok, now I really feel better. I guess blogs are kind of like therapy in a way. Sorry for the whining.

If it is true as I've heard from Republican Christians that we need to start passing out Bibles to Democrats, then we need to get Republicans to dust theirs off and read them once in a while. Gosh I'm angry today. Where does this anger come from? Do you ever have those days when you just want to scream? Is that healthy? Aren't I supposed to be above that as a pastor? I'm glad Andy is speaking about Anger this Sunday at our gathering because I need to hear it!

In another related story I was at starbucks today and two women behind me started talking loudly and very innappropriately in public and it angered me. At one point some guy called the woman and asked her what she was wearing apparently because she said very loudly for the whole place to hear, "what am I wearing? nothing, i'm sitting here naked." She went on to say several more dirty things and finally I had enough. I got up, looked at them and just said, "Do you think you could have a little respect for people around you? Or at the least, have a little respect for yourself? You sound ridiculous." What is my deal today? I'm losing it! I feel like George on Seinfeld where he always did the opposite of what he would normally do.

6 comments:

Dustin said...

yeah, Kelli and I saw that a few weekends ago. it was a great movie! But there are some scary parallels with what is going on in this country right now. The speech where he was saying, "it was never about freedom, it was about power" was pretty spooky.

The Peighs said...

You need a drink.

g13 said...

Amen! I'd say a Samuel Smith Pale Ale and a new president would serve you quite well.

While visiting the midwest this weekend i found that asking a simple political questions (such as, "so you voted for president bush. how's that working out for you?") often unlocks the door to friendship.

pax.

Dustin said...

you always get me to laugh Gentry. Darn you, i wanted to continue being angry!

Anonymous said...

sigh....

Here we go...all the left wingers ganging up on one of the best presidents this country has ever seen.

Oh ye left wingers.

On another note, a drink does sound good.

Dustin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.