Saturday, April 08, 2006

Personal Update

Just realized that I haven't actually written anything on this blog for a while. I've just been talking about music and other random stuff all the time. So here's what's going on.

Still plugging away on my book. I have put a book proposal together, have a few sample chapters written and about 25,000 other words. My goal is 40,000, that should be almost 200 pages total for the book which is what I will need. I'm thankful for Kristi Bennett who is going to edit the first chapter for me with her expertise so when I send it to the publisher (which will stay unnamed, there is one that is interested and another in which i'm lucky to have a good connection although i'm not getting my hopes up) it won't be crap. I'm actually afraid to have her read it and send it back. I will hate to see all the things wrong she finds! Ouch. I have about three or four more books to read for research but I have read a majority of the things I need to read finally. So we'll see what happens!

We won our last softball game tonight. We really ended the season well, i think we actually only lost one game this season but also had to forfeit one. Had a lot more fun this season than last, I feel a little more confident on the field although I am the catcher so I don't really do a whole lot. Catch a foul ball now and again but that about covers it. I'm so pathetic that anytime there is a runner on third, the pitcher Brad will come and cover the plate after the hit. It's kind of degrading but might be necessary, who knows?

I'm having these stupid headaches on the right side of my head and feeling dizzy quite a bit in the last four weeks for some reason. My medicine seems to be working for my little disorder but I don't know what those headaches are about, I've never had them for this long before. Probably have to go back to the Neurologist and make sure everything is okay again. Sucks however because my insurance here isn't near as good as it was in New York so any tests are pretty expensive.

Palm Sunday this week and I'm speaking at Journey. Found out I was speaking on Wednesday and had a cover copy for Thomas Nelson due on Thursday for Darrell Bock's new book, "The Missing Gospels" so it's been a very busy week. Bock's new book is a very concise reading through the "newly" discover writings, most of which are Gnostic writings found in 1970 in Nag Hammadi, Egypt. Pretty cool stuff and it is a good answer to Bart Ehrman's wacky writings, "Misquoting Jesus" and "The Lost Scriptures". If you were interested in the letter of Judas that came out lately, you should read this when it comes out.

Anyway, going to watch some more Seinfeld on dvd now, peace.

No comments: