Monday, January 31, 2005

I Gave It a Shot

Albums I listened to this week that I quickly deleted:

Mojave3 - Boooooooooring. I just don't like Brit Pop which will explain the rest of these too. I find BritPop's vocals are very monotonous and tiresome and the guitar effects are all the same.

Supergrass - Same complaint with the monotonous vocals and rhythms, almost put me to sleep.

Trembling Blue Stars - Is this the same band as Mojave3??? Well, it should be.

Clinic - Music is not bad but the dude's voice is terrible. Plus you have to question a band that dresses in scrubs for every show. I think they are taking the theme a little too far.

Bands I've listened to lately that I've enjoyed:

The Long Winters - Saw these guys open for The Decemberists and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Clem Snide - Creative, funny at times, song writing. Some nice twang once in a while. I really enjoy the smoothness of it.

Sleep Station - As close to boring BritPop that I'll get.

The Black Keys - As my friend Kurt says, "they're a 60's rip off band but they're good at it."

Corporate Rock Song I Can't Get Enough Of: Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
I can't get it out of my head. DARN THAT TRL!

No comments: