Saturday, January 22, 2005

Colin Meloy - The Decemberists

Tonight Kelli and I went to a small club called the Fez to see Colin Meloy (lead singer of the Decemberists) play. It was a tiny little bar. There were probably only 75 people there total due to the enormous snowstorm. It was an absolutely amazing concert. I am speechless with how good it was. He played a bunch of stuff off of Cutouts and Castaways, a few Morrissey covers and about three songs off of their first EP which I LOVE! When we were waiting in line to get in Colin walked by us and I didn't even notice until Kelli said, "hey is that him?" That's why I don't see anyone famous, because I don't pay attention. I'm stupid. But he was there, right by us. So I jumped on him and kissed him all over which was weird for even me.

Anyway, after they drug me off of him, he played a great, long set! Unfortunately before Colin Meloy was the girl from the band the Places which sucked big time. It was horrible. I can't imagine anyone in there really enjoying that show. The girl across from us wrote down Colin's set list probably to put on her blog. What a freaking nerd. I wouldn't even do that. Although he did play California One, I Dreamt I Was An Architect, Shiny, Apology Song, My Mother Was a Chinese Trapeze Artist and three songs that will be on the new album which comes out on March 22nd. Maybe I am just as much of a nerd. Darn.

To get to the concert we had to walk through about 2 feet of fresh snow on the ground. They are calling it Blizzard 2005. The news is always a little dramatic. On the way back from the concert I tackled Kelli about 5 times on the street. It was fun. I let her take me down once to make her feel better about being soaked with snow. And then we made out. By the way, the Decemberists are touring with Okkervil River this spring. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I can't wait to see it. Man I'm a nerd.

It was an excellent evening.

No comments: