Monday, December 14, 2009

10 Most Likeable Current Professional Athletes*

10. Chad Ochocinco - I want to hate 85. I really do. But I've enjoyed his antics over the years too much. And I think everyone else has as well. If you can decode just 1/4 of the stuff on his twitter, let me know what it means.







9. Ladanian Tomlinson - Maybe it's his Darth Vadar facemask, but there's always been some mystique surrounding LT. He's got a pretty quiet, humble presence and I like that.










8. Kurt Warner - What a story this guy has been! No one would have ever believed Warner would have the career he has. Plus he turned 67 this year and still has a shot at the playoffs.










7. Donavan McNabb - I haven't seen him congratulate (or console) another QB in the league without that QB laughing or smiling. He must be likeable.










6. Albert Pujols - He's on the Cardinals which is obviously several thousand points against him. But he's a class act and an incredible hitter. I enjoy watching him (unless he's playing the Cubs).








5. Shaq - I will be honest and admit that I used to hate Shaq. I think he's mellowed out over the years. He seems like a light-hearted goofball; someone you would enjoy hanging out with.













4. Brett Favre - This is the only athlete that legitimately deserves to be on the most loved and most hated at the same time. If I see him hug another player this year I'm going to puke.










3. Peyton Manning - Not only is he one of the best QB's ever. He's also funny. Any QB that can not only host SNL but do better than most current cast members has to be in the top 5.








2. Lebron James - He's not just a person, he's a brand. He's the best player in basketball and he's still like-able. How is that possible? Kobe is probably asking the same question.










1. Ken Griffey Jr. - You could cut his arms and legs off, and any team in baseball would still sign him in a heartbeat. That's how popular he is.


*Tiger probably would have topped this list a month ago.


Tomorrow of course I will have the 10 Most Hated Current Professional Athletes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree about Ken Griffey Jr.! So does Bill I presume.

Jeff

DJ Word said...

sometimes your lack of character judgment amazes me.

Little Bron Bron, the Prince of Nothing? Please. He makes Kobe the king of Likability to most of us.