Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sucker for a Banjo

The Avett Brothers new release Emotionalism is the BEST album I have heard this year hands down.

Will You Return?

Paranoia in Bb Major

Shame

I can't stop listening to this record. The song Salina is fantastic! I wish I could find the MP3 for you. Old school folk coming your way! Here's Paste Magazines review.



Another great banjo band Great Lake Swimmers whose album Ongiara is fantastic! Check out their song Your Rocky Spine.
Also this song is fantastic Moving Pictures, Silent Films.










The National's new record Boxer is also growing on me. Check out Fake Empire.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

The Avett Brothers were in Knoxville last night for free. Maybe you should skip out on Dublin and move here instead. Bill's folks just got in around the time they started so we missed it. I heard they're great though!

Dustin said...

Wow! that would have been killer! They are amazing, you should listen to their new record. First song is kind of weird but the album just keeps getting better as it goes along. Great songwriting, great old school folk harmonies, fantastic music! I haven't been this excited about a record for a long time!