Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Culturally-Savvy Christian

Just got off the phone with Dick Staub, author of The Culturally-Savvy Christian. I was doing an interview for Next-Wave's June Edition which will come out soon.

This is a fantastic book and Dick has some very thought-provoking things to say. If you are disappointed with not only the shallow nature of pop-culture, but the shallowness of the church, I think you will resonate with what he has to say and highly recommend it. The book isn't just a gripe session nor a plea for Christians to know pop-culture better and become a pop-Christian. There is too much of that already! It is a manifesto for deepening faith, being serious about culture and becoming skilled at connecting the two.

I recommend it to anyone who is tired of the same diversionary, shallow, gimmicky crap you see in pop-culture or pop-christianity!

Thanks to Dick Staub for taking the time to talk with us!

1 comment:

The Anonymous Human said...

When I got into blogdom, Dick Staub was one of the first blogs I read regularly. I haven't checked on him in awhile now though. Thanks for the heads up about his new book. I'l have to pick it up!