Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Cops, Weed, and a Marching Band

Last night we were living in bizarro world. Kelli and I met up with our friends Jon and Natasha Irvine who will hopefully be moving here from Tampa in the coming months. On the way home I got pulled over for “driving dumb.” Those were the literal words of the officer. After arguing with him a bit and getting nothing resolved it was clear that he pulled us over because he was bored and just wanted to talk to someone. As he left he said, “I’m going to let you guys go, but stop driving dumb.” Hilarious.

So then I went to the Doug Fir to meet the guys and there was a hipster marching band playing in the showroom. Strange, very strange. It was immediately clear to Jon that everyone was on X seeing as they were rubbing themselves and each other and dancing around like no one else existed. Strange but unique show.

Then we were sitting outside in the courtyard when a guy sat down and introduced himself as Brent. He just wanted to talk because he apparently knows everyone and he just kept saying, “man, there is some REALLY good stuff going on here at the Doug Fir.” He was a passionate Doug Fir evangelist. I still can’t figure out what he was really trying to tell us. We did meet him again on the way out however and he said, “hey guys, I’d stay and talk but I’ve got this great bud here that I’ve got to smoke, come on smell this *$&#.” I took a smell and it was strong. I humored him and said, “yeah that smells like some great stuff.”

No comments: