Sunday, November 13, 2005


Not long after Kelli and I were married we decided that we would each get one weekend a year to do whatever the heck we want to do regardless of the other's opinions or feelings. For example, i would love to sit in a bar and watch College Basketball all day long, but there is no way that under normal circumstances that Kelli would want to do that. So we decided to each have a Fest once a year. This weekend was Kelli-Fest 2005. We had a great time. Friday night I had a softball game where I went 3 for 3 driving in a few runs which was nice. I'm finally getting the hang of it. I did it all for KelliFest. Then we came home and watched The Interpreter, a pretty good movie she's been wanting to see forever but it's always out at Blockbuster.

Saturday we went over to Clearwater to the Marine Aquarium which rehabilitates injured or stranded turtles, dolphins and river otters. I love that place! We watched the Sea Turtles for a while and then went over to Clearwater Beach to a place called Jimmy's Fish House. It is basically a huge deck with live music and a great bar right on the beach. We sat and drank some Sangria and Rum Runners and relaxed, then we went to one of our favorite places, Bahama Breeze. The few times we've been there, we've just sat outside and had drinks but this time we decided to have dinner. The food was amazing! I had the Mahi Mahi. It's rare that we get to eat at a real restaurant with real chefs who care about their food so this was a great experience.

I honestly don't remember what we did after that. Kelli????

Sunday we got up and went to church, then ate at Winners Grill who had great Jalapeno Bottle Caps and Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches. Then we came home and watched Bewitched (with Will Farrell). Awful movie. Please don't spend your money on renting it. Please? The rest of the night is really none of your business. We haven't really gone out or done anything for a while because we don't have any money so this was a good weekend to have some fun. I was thinking tonight that it's great because even though every decision was made by Kelli this weekend I still had a great time and enjoyed everything we did. I'm glad we're this compatible. We'll see how she feels about Dustball Fest 2006 this March. I know it will involve College Basketball, Pubs, and hopefully a good concert. Sweet! I love you Kelli and had a great time at your Fest! Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, thank you honey for celebrating with me this weekend. it really was the best ever. you went above and beyond and i really appreciate that. I LOVE YOU!!

kelli

p.s. we did nothing on saturday night after we got home. we were so stuffed that we laid in bed and talked and watched TV. we're an old married couple!

soebeck said...

Oh man, please tell me you got the Key Lime pie from Bahama Breeze. It is the best ever. Seriously. ever. I'm drooling on my keyboard here.

Dustin said...

bummer, we didn't get that. we got the bananas dessert, can't remember what it is called and it was amazing as well. whenever we get out there again though, we will definitely take your recommendation and check it out.

Michael said...

I love this idea, and i'm going to call a Mike n' Ike fest some time soon.

flowergirl said...

You guys are sooooo cute!! :-) Glad you had such a nice weekend together.