Thursday, June 30, 2005

Midwest Church Trades Pastor For First Round Pick


Posted by Hello
Pastor Jim Barnard wasn’t expecting this news at the midweek prayer breakfast. After praying for Margaret’s cat BooBoo, executive pastor Chip Raines made an announcement. Jim Barnard was being traded to Cleveland. He would be moving his family to fill his new role as the Life Architectural Developing Mechanic (senior pastor) at Cedar Hollow Life Pointe Community Church. Pastor Barnard was traded for a first round Seminary Graduate, 20,000 dollars for new communion ware and two junior high leaders to be named later.

When asked how Jim felt about going to CHLPCC he said, “This is bullcrap, I had big numbers this fall. You know how many people came to hear me! I wasn’t expecting to be traded this early in my career. I really feel like I have developed a lot in the last year and was an asset to this church. What did they get for me anyway?”

When he found out he was being traded for a first round pick and two junior high leaders he was outraged. “I know we need Junior High leaders but to trade me for a rookie is unacceptable. They’ll regret that when things get going next fall. Big mistake and I’ll prove them wrong.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In church, numbers mean nada. :)

Dustin said...

since Lark News won't publish my stories, i figured i would do it myself.

Michael said...

Lark news won't publish your stories? Are they LOCO?!

*still searching, this was a pitstop*(

today is all about dustin day.

Michael said...

Well that's it. I guess that this was the first post you posted since the last time I visited. And I stil have no idea about who or why your wife is or why you moved to Tampa. Thanks for ruining an hour of my life.

Love
Michael.