Monday, June 06, 2005

I'm Addicted to Coke


Posted by Hello
No, not that coke. I'm talking about the sugary sweet brown substance that comes in plastic red bottles. Last night I was reminded of my out of control addiction as I stood pouring out a two-liter bottle that was more than half full into my sink. I could smell the soda and hear the fizz as my favorite beverage ran out to it's demise. It was almost as if it was screaming at me, "Why, Dustin Why?" I felt as if I were betraying a friend that has been there for me my entire life. It was there for me during long nights in college and right back in the morning before class. I almost cried as the last few drops of soda hit the metal and ran down the drain. I'm sorry Coke but I can't have you anymore. You have too many calories and your cousin Diet Coke sucks too bad to drink. I'll miss you.

6 comments:

Michael said...

MURDERER!

Anonymous said...

Dustn, Dustin, Dustin:
Does this mean we will never share a cold one together again? Do you know how many times I have tried to kick this habit? Yes, I surrendered to the diet drink. If will grow on you. Give Coke with splenda a try before totally giving up. It that fails I will join you in the journey and swear off the habit with you. (for at least a while)
In this together, Mark

Keith said...

WHY Dustin WHY?

Anonymous said...

don't sleep on that diet coke. it'll grow on you if you give it a chance. i'm going to let you in on a little secret: diet cherry coke. that was my gateway diet drink. the cherry flavor masks the diet-ness of it. don't get the diet cherry pepsi crap, though...its just not the same. diet cherry coke: try it and let me know what you think? soon, it could have the same hold on your life that regular coke has had for so long. seriously, do it dustin. everyone else is. you don't want to be a loser do you?

bill

Anonymous said...

dB,

Don't let these freaks influence you. Soda has absolutely NOTHING to offer you except taste. So drinking crappy tasting diet soda makes about as much sense sense as decaffienated (sp?) coffee or alcohol free beer. (Yeah, if they made an alcohol free beer that taste like something other than a ball of yeast, I could imagine conditions under which I'd drink it, but until then - NO WAY)

Here's what you do... start drinking black coffee. You're probably too young to remember the "coffee achiever" commercials with Bengals QB Ken Anderson - Coffee - it gives you the serenity to dream it, and the vitality to do it. And, incase your guessing, the fact that I'm up commenting about soda on your sight after midnight has almost nothing at all to do with my coffee addiction.

Bill

Anonymous said...

I love coke too...everything from the harsh burning sensation you get from the first drink to the back wash at the bottom of the bottle! But I too decided last week the "the coke" has too many calories and I cant keep rotting my teeth away on it. Its a sad day for both of us my friend, a sad day