Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Battle of Who Could Wear the Biggest Dumbest Glasses


Posted by Hello

I'm sorry ladies, but this new trend you have of wearing these entirely too big, square framed glasses is ridiculous. I saw a girl the other day who was this tiny petite blonde girl who had sunglasses on that covered up half of her face. I see these glasses all over and I can't figure out why. They make girls look ridiculous.

My question is and has been for some time. Why do girls have a tendency to try to look like Paris Hilton? Do women realize who they are modeling??? Why would you want to be anything like that??? I have so many questions. But the point it, knock the elephant glasses off and stop wearing stupid stuff to be trendy. Yes, the same can be said for guys and their Vans, large Magnum P.I. glasses and riding around on a California Cruiser. Trend Following can be really pathetic.

I haven't ranted for a while. This kind of feels good! It's so easy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently moved to Madison, WI and have noticed this same trend. It is indeed ridiculous. Last weekend, while walking downtown with my b/f I had to take the opportunity to yell out, "Wow! I want a pair of glasses like that (pointing to a stranger wearing them) so I can look like EVERYONE else!" My b/f just laughed and I think I scared the poor little anorexic Paris Hilton look-alike... Oh well, worse has happened, I'm sure.

Tyler said...

i actually think the trend was set by one of the Olsen Twins...how annoying.

my recent favorite is guys who wear their polo shirt with the collar sticking straight up.

Mandy said...

haha. i'm so glad you noticed this trend. I thought no one was ever going to actually acknowledge it, but girls would keep wearing these giant bug sunblockers. maybe they're heading into a science lab or something.

although, i'll admit i sorta want some simply b/c they're plastic and they wouldn't break as easily like my others. and there'd be NO chance of the sun getting in my eyes.

Anonymous said...

Hey man, I like Paris Hilton! She seems really sweet. I think she just gets a bad rap. And she is marrying a guy named Paris...how cute is that?!

I am in the process of bringing back the aviator sunglasses Tom Cruise wore in Top Gun. How hot is he...I mean, how hot are those glasses?!

Dustin said...

YES TYLER! I've seen the polo collar thing often and just want to fix it! That might beat the big dumb glasses.

Jess said...

i just happen to have stumbled across your blog and read this post about the oversized glasses and started laughing to myself. Here in San Diego you can't turn the corner without seeing a girl with glasses that cover half of her face. And the whole sad thing is i am no different i have like 4 or 5 pair. But at least i'm outside most of the day, and they cover my entire eye so i don't have to worry about the sun... just though i might share :)