Saturday, June 18, 2005

Iron & Wine - Webster Hall


Posted by Hello
I have several thoughts about last night's show at Webster Hall.

First, let me address Webster Hall as a music venue.
1. It is hotter than hell.
2. The sound is not good for a music venue.
3. A beer is 7 dollars, yes, that's right, one bottle of beer.
4. On Friday nights, the show has to end by 10pm because there is an amateur strip contest.
5. It seems like half of the crowd at Webster Hall either hadn't been to a concert before or had no idea who Iron & Wine was. There were people talking and laughing and answering cell phones. I read someone talk about the crowd at Webster Hall but did not believe it until last night. What makes this crowd so much worse than Bowery Ballroom or Northsix???
6. Way overcrowded. I've been to some full shows before but they sell this thing way beyond it's limit.

Overall Rating of Webster Hall - Worst Music Venue in New York City, I will never attend a show there again.

I don't have time now to talk about the Iron & Wine performance but i will come back later. They were MUCH better than the venue!

1 comment:

Michael said...

*wrings hands in anticipation*